Dad showed him how to load his M1 Garand the 'Army way'
1/07/2014 · Our ROTC unit (California Cadet Corp) had 1903 and 1903A3 Springfields but some other schools had Jr. Marines and they had M1 rifles so I saw some nasty cases of M1 thumb. My father showed my how to avoid it but I never had a chance to fire or load an M1.... 1 -- after separating the thumb, cast on one fewer stitch than the original number (zero if you started with 1 between markers); on the next round, use the bar between the last cast-on stitch (or the last stitch before the thumb) and the first stitch after the thumb to do an m1 increase; this is structurally the same as having cast on one with backwards loop and then knitting it this round
TECHknitting Casting on additional stitches at the end of
Then, on another set of needles, cast on like 4 sts using JMCO and increase rapidly (but evenly: k1, M1, k1, M1, etc) until you have the number of sts for the thumb. Then knit until the thumb fits your thumb, down to the “crotch.” Do an increase round until you have 18 sts. Then place the hand and thumb sts all on one needle, doing rapid K2TOGs near the thumb base. Then knit straight and... Pick a point for a thumb hole and knit back and forth like knitting flat knitting all your stitches just not round and round then after say an inch. Go back to knitting in the round. Go back to knitting in the round.
Avoiding the M1 Thumb great advice [Archive] CMP Forums
Then one encounters a true M1 thumb, which could be more accurately called an M1 thumbnail, a crescent shaped blood blister underneath the thumbnail, or a cracked nail complete with blood spatter. That is a true M1 thumb, which taught generations of GIs the value of Attention To Detail, and was Why We Won The War, at least according to generations of Drill Instructors.... The infamous “Garand thumb” is a great way to mess up your shooting trip. Have no fear, though. Hickok45 is here to show you how to avoid this painful predicament. Watch the video below: Get your finger stuck in an M1 Garand Rifle is a good way to get laughed at while shooting at your local The post Hickok45 Shows You How Not to Get The
how to avoid thumb file type .db when burning pictures to dvd
Generally, one should never jam their fingers into an ejection port of a firearm especially one well known as the M1 Garand without first checking if the bolt has been caught on the follower before loading.... Understanding how your M1 Garand works is the first step in avoiding the dreaded M1 thumb. In this article we will discuss and identify exactly how M1 Thumb can happen and why. Don't be the next member of the M1 thumb club!
How To Avoid M1 Thumb
M1 how to How-to Questions - KnittingHelp Forum Community
- Hickok45 Shows You How Not to Get The Infamous Garand Thumb
- Can an M1 Garand be modified to fire 5.56x45mm NATO?
- Hickok45 Shows You How Not to Get The Infamous Garand
- M1 Garand Q Northeastshooters.com Forums
How To Avoid M1 Thumb
Wow!You got an M1 Thumb!!Typical injury on the range or rifle inspection of the day.fortunately dad told me how to avoid it.One day I was firing on some targets and some dude who was a WWII afficianado wanted to fire my last 2 rounds and reload.he thought that video games he played gave him all the info.Well he got the M1 Thumb.Lucky this dumb ass did not drop my rifle.From there I hated
- 26/10/2013 · The Garand Loading Myth, M1 Thumb It's time to end M1 Thumb misconceptions. The M1 is a fine battle rifle. We can debate about its' alleged deficiencies, about pings, Enblocs, etc., characteristics that actually exist.
- I am contemplating buying a VF-4 for use on my E-M1 to allow me to get my thumb further away from my nose when I am back button focusing and, to allow me to be steadier when taking low level photographs. It occurred to me though that possibly burning an accessory EVF is less costly and troublesome than burning the built-in EVF. If I attach a VF-4 then, I would keep the built-in EVF …
- 5/04/2009 · Addendum added 4-7-09: To cast on over a gap (thumb, pocket opening) simply cast on fewer stitches, then pick up the extra stitches out of the slack on your next trip through, just as you would on the return trip after casting on at the end of a row.
- The recoil spring spec for the M1 Garand is 19-20.25", which is required for correct semi-automatic operation, but this also creates a large amount of force driving the bolt home and closing the action, hence the care needed to avoid "M1 Thumb".
You can find us here:
- Australian Capital Territory: Sydney ACT, Griffith ACT, Duntroon ACT, Gundaroo ACT, Rokeby ACT, ACT Australia 2698
- New South Wales: Kyle Bay NSW, South Gundurimba NSW, Silverton NSW, Birchgrove NSW, East Ryde NSW, NSW Australia 2093
- Northern Territory: Bellamack NT, Calvert NT, East Arm NT, Ludmilla NT, Birdum NT, Fly Creek NT, NT Australia 0812
- Queensland: Mount Nathan QLD, Leyburn QLD, Shorncliffe QLD, Highgate Hill QLD, QLD Australia 4058
- South Australia: Mypolonga SA, Brady Creek SA, Loxton North SA, Wonuarra SA, Wanilla SA, Stirling SA, SA Australia 5066
- Tasmania: Summerhill TAS, Nubeena TAS, Lady Barron TAS, TAS Australia 7025
- Victoria: Buronga VIC, Minimay VIC, West Footscray VIC, Bringalbert VIC, Rutherglen VIC, VIC Australia 3003
- Western Australia: Bulong WA, Gindalbie WA, Margaret River WA, WA Australia 6057
- British Columbia: Salmo BC, Nanaimo BC, Fernie BC, Kimberley BC, Princeton BC, BC Canada, V8W 5W1
- Yukon: Clinton Creek YT, Scroggie Creek YT, Haines Junction YT, Isaac Creek YT, Pelly Lakes YT, YT Canada, Y1A 8C8
- Alberta: Clyde AB, Barnwell AB, Killam AB, Grimshaw AB, Lomond AB, Caroline AB, AB Canada, T5K 6J7
- Northwest Territories: Whati NT, Salt Plains 195 NT, Tsiigehtchic NT, Wrigley NT, NT Canada, X1A 9L8
- Saskatchewan: Glaslyn SK, Luseland SK, Zelma SK, Odessa SK, Cudworth SK, Hudson Bay SK, SK Canada, S4P 4C4
- Manitoba: Waskada MB, Sainte Rose du Lac MB, Dauphin MB, MB Canada, R3B 7P9
- Quebec: Becancour QC, Mirabel QC, Laval QC, Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts QC, Saint-Lazare QC, QC Canada, H2Y 5W1
- New Brunswick: Saint-Hilaire NB, Upper Miramichi NB, Nackawic NB, NB Canada, E3B 7H1
- Nova Scotia: Annapolis Royal NS, Trenton NS, Wedgeport NS, NS Canada, B3J 1S8
- Prince Edward Island: Souris PE, Montague PE, Lower Montague PE, PE Canada, C1A 3N2
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Chance Cove NL, New-Wes-Valley NL, Miles Cove NL, St. Brendan's NL, NL Canada, A1B 7J5
- Ontario: Osborne ON, Yellek ON, Queensville ON, Connaught, Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry United Counties, Armstrong Mills ON, Goshen ON, Greater Sudbury ON, ON Canada, M7A 4L5
- Nunavut: Clyde River NU, Dundas Harbour NU, NU Canada, X0A 3H7
- England: Luton ENG, Newcastle upon Tyne ENG, Chelmsford ENG, Farnborough ENG, Corby ENG, ENG United Kingdom W1U 6A2
- Northern Ireland: Bangor NIR, Belfast NIR, Belfast NIR, Bangor NIR, Newtownabbey NIR, NIR United Kingdom BT2 9H8
- Scotland: Dundee SCO, Kirkcaldy SCO, Hamilton SCO, Glasgow SCO, Glasgow SCO, SCO United Kingdom EH10 7B6
- Wales: Wrexham WAL, Wrexham WAL, Wrexham WAL, Cardiff WAL, Swansea WAL, WAL United Kingdom CF24 6D1